For me, I think the easiest habits of the 7 1/2 are "teaching and mentoring others" and "beginning with the end in mind." I teach/mentor others all of the time at work and at home. I like sharing what I know with others. Doing this also enforces that I remember a skill! Practice makes perfect...or at least something close to it! I also have great vision...it's the getting there that takes work sometimes, depending on the task. I can see the end product and try to make it happen to the best of my abilities. I have learned to monitor and adjust along the way and can accept that my vision may be a bit different from my original idea.
The hardest of the 7 1/2 habits are "accepting responsibility for my learning" and "viewing problems as challenges." My perfectionism gets in the way of these two habits. As I get older, I realize more and more that if I want something done, I have to do it---either myself, or with others...but it's not going to get done without MY efforts. I am also really working on making problems into positive challenges. Instead of making "mountains out of mole hills," I am investigating the mole hills! Attitude is everything when one faces adversity. I love this quote about attitude that my former principal shared with me: "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment