Friday, June 13, 2008
The Beginning...Being Out There
As always, I have jumped in full force and have been going back and forth between Week One and Week Two activities. Yesterday, when I was setting up my blog and creating an avatar, I realized that being "on the web" means that you are REALLY out there for everyone to see. I am hoping that I will become more comfortable with my web-presence as I continue on this walkabout through Web 2.0. In my library, I am always "present" and accessible to students and staff. I interact with people that are in my presence. On the web, one hopes to present themselves appropriately, and hopes that people don't get offended by an assumed tone. As my father always reminds me, "The spoken word is in the air; the written word is always there." With the spoken word, there are gestures and facial expressions that get your point across in the tone that's appropriate. With the written word, you have to concentrate more to get all of that right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great start to your blog, Janine! As you continue to create thoughtful posts, you will get used to the "blog language." It's important to keep it relatively informal yet "educational" at the same time! :)
Post a Comment