Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Week #3/Things 5, 6 & 7--Flickr Fun!

Many of my friends have Flickr accounts and share pictures with me. I can't wait to reciprocate! The Guest Pass feature is nice for those who don't have an account though. I also like how people who share the same interests--Groups--can share their pictures with the group. The privacy settings are also great. My creative juices are flowing to try out the Photo Books, prints that look like art, and card sets. I have a few ideas for the Notes/Comments that you can include within a picture as well--what a cool idea.

Oh my! Did I have fun surprising our library media secretary with a mashup Trading Card designed with her in mind! She about jumped off of her chair! Now, I want to make them for all of the district librarians! I know I will use the trading card mashup to help out my first grader with concepts he needs to master this school year. I am also excited to show colleagues the magazine cover project. What a great way to show someone that you know the key concepts about a topic.

1 comment:

Bridget Belardi said...

I'm glad you found some real world uses for Flickr and the mashups. Be careful: the "toys" are addictive and I've had to replace several cartridges! : )